Reality is Done… Onslaught 1 will be remade as a FPS Creator Game
Reality is done. It came out great… I made only 10 maps for it, one map was cut, the school website one, but overall I liked the way it came out…. FPS Creator should be able to build it…. That’s for tomorrow’s testing period. All maps have been tested now… Onslaught in FPS Creator is my primary goal. Onslaught, being the video game idea me and my friend had back in 1995 detailed in this post. I have spiritual successors to 3 other games planned that might not get released. I want to concentrate on something original for once though, and that’s onslaught.
I dug up the old 2009 zdoom onslaught mod that had voiceovers and Imported all 14 chapters of voiceovers into FPS Creator today. This version had around 14 missions out of the original 30 from the game design me and my friend came up with, so 16 were cut. No big whoop. But the problem is FPS Creator probably won’t build a game with much more than 12 levels so levels will have be removed. I did voiceovers for a few newer maps so the whole thing now has 16 maps. I am deciding whether to cut the game into 2 episodes, to be separately downloaded, or cut 4 missions out of it for an Expansion or something…. Don’t know what I will do. I also have to cut out one of the spiritual successors, because there is no way I will make 3 games in 1 month… Maybe 2….
The spiritual successors have similarities between enemy designs, and similarities in the stories, but the stories are original, nothing is based on the game to Tribute, plus the games are named differently too. The levels are based on the original levels, some of them, but they are done in FPS Creator and are different because of that… One of the games is an old 2002 Horror Shooter I love that will get tributed… Whether I release it or not is unlikely Though….
In Terms of a Release, Reality should be released by tommorrow afternoon. I still have to build it to see if a 10 map game in my copy of FPS Creator will work, it should, but FPS creator has a nasty bug that crashes the game making part of it if too many levels are built. I couldn’t do an 18 level game with dynamic lighting, which sets it so all the lighting in the game is calculated in real time, if I set to the default of static lighting, the game can only have 6 or so levels. I have to make the lighting dynamic to get around this. Not much of a drop on graphic quality though, but some FPS drop seen however. All the levels have been tested and came out well… More on Reality and the Onslaught 1 FPS creator game soon…
- Tablets to replace gaming consoles? (lenovo.com)
- New video game “Reality” being worked on… (anarchysoftware.wordpress.com)
- Doom Creator Says Many Next-Gen Games Will Still Target 30 fps (mynintendonews.com)
- ‘Morning Star’ is a mobile, space FPS from Halo creator’s Industrial Toys (joystiq.com)
- Wow: STEALER Does Cyberpunk In Utterly Gorgeous Style (rockpapershotgun.com)
- Is anyone using a Oktava 319 for Voiceovers or audiobooks? (gearslutz.com)
- Paint The Walls Red Like It’s 1993 With Brutal Doom [MUO Gaming] (makeuseof.com)
- Conker Creator Would Like To Make Wii U eShop Games (mynintendonews.com)
- N.O.V.A. 3 is the best shooter on iOS, but it’s still not perfect (reviews.cnet.com)
- Onslaught: The True Story behind the original game idea… (anarchysoftware.wordpress.com)